Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's been a bloody long time since the last post

Hi to anyone that still looks at this blog. For some reason I haven't bothered updating it for over a year but we've recently had some news that I wanted to publish. A couple of weeks ago Sam and I discovered that we are grandparents to an 8 month old little girl. We were a bit suprised to say the least and it's really not how we planned things but when does life ever go to plan? Anyway, the little girl is called London because her mother was planning on visiting the UK before she found out she was pregnant. Mum's name is Meah. I'll upload a photo soon but for some reason the upload function isn't working.

Just a bit now on what we are all up to:

David has now moved out from living with us and is currently living with his girlfriend and baby at Mount Coolum, this is about 20 minutes from where we live. Workwise he is busy doing his apprenticeship and he's now in his 2nd year. He went through a few ups and downs when he started but he seems to have settled down now. He seems happy enough and has grown up a fair bit over the past 6 months.

Sam is now doing a degree in Nursing at the local Sunshine Coast Uni, she works long hours on the assignments and is often still beavering away at 10:30 - 11pm (which beleive me is late in Australia). She did some exams just before the current Uni holiday and has to do a retake of one next week as she didn't quite make the grade. Sometimes she asks me to help but to be honest it might as well be written in greek cos I don't have a clue. Hopefully in 3 years time she will have gotten through the degree and start earning some decent money. I need someone to keep me of course :-)
She also works part time in a coffee shop called Cafe45, this is great because the owners let her work around her studies and she still has time to look after me

I'm still busy running my IT business, it's got quite busy and in this last month or so I've sold a load of laptops and PC's. I now have some good regular customers and life's pretty sweet.

Other stuff that's been going on over the last 12 months is that my mates Andy and Steve have both bought boats. It's a bit cold here at the moment but during the warmer weather we went fishing out in the ocean a few times. I haven't caught too much but Steve caught a big old shark a while back which was too big to get into the boat.

I can't really think of anything else I want to say at the moment, that's the problem when I've waited a year. We've actually been pretty busy either going out with our friends, decorating our house or walking the dogs (because we now have 2 dogs, we got a new puppy a couple of months ago called Buster).

If I think of anything else I'll post it, I'll also try and do updates a bit more regulary

Hi to everyone that reads this, drop me an email to info@isolveit.com.au and tell me your news. We haven't forgotten you in the UK :-(

Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home