Sunday, February 04, 2007

New jobs and news (4th Feb 2007)

Hi
I now have started work for a local computer company, they are called Pro Computers. Although I still have plans to do my own business it is much easier at the moment to work for someone else.

The job is really good though and I am getting lots of interesting things to do. They also supply a van so I don't have to worry about buying another car now. I can't believe how laid back all of the guys are, a real change to how people are back in the sunny UK :-))

It's a bit strange having to start work at 8:30 and finishing at 5, I'm used to starting whenever I want and finishing the same!!

If my plans workout I plan to invest some money into the company and become part owner, at least then I am getting a cut of the action rather than just being an employee - watch this space.

Sam has also started doing a bit of work, she has registered with a local employment agency and they have given her some work this weekend (4th Feb), the place she is working have also offered her a load of shifts during the week. It's nice to have some money coming in now, it's a bit worrying when we keep spending and we were earning bugger all!!

Sam still wants to go to TAFE (college) to do a nursing assistant course but she missed enrolment for the Feb course, she'll probably do the course in July if she's still interested.

We went out last night to the Mooloolaba surf club with some friends we have made and have a lovely carvery. I was a bit dissapointed as they didn't have gammon. I made up for it by having lots of lamb and chicken :-))

Otherwise not much news from this end, life is kinda normal for us now - David is always out with his mates (party last night, no idea where he is!!), David also has a new girlfriend (2nd he's had since we arrived). I haven't seen her but Sam says she looks OK (no tattoos, piercings etc) which is good. Sam is out walking the dog and I'm going to have my breakfast now!!

We all are very happy and settled, I can't imagine we'll ever move back to the UK. A holiday every 5 years will be about right, but I know we will be itching to get back home to Australia as soon as we land in the UK!!

Bye for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home