Saturday, December 16, 2006

Robbie Williams / I'm a radio star / Sam's big fish

Hi

On Wednesday night Sam and I went to see Robbie Williams at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane. The show was really good and we had good seats as well.

Robbie was a bit naughty as he lit up a cigarette on stage, in Queensland you are not allowed to smoke in any public area. He was fined $150 but the local Premier (head of state) has said that he will pay the fine as Robbie was a guest of Queensland!

The journey down wasn't too bad, we drove to Caboolture then got a train into Brisbane. The train was free because all tickets sold to the Suncorp stadium get free public transport (can't remember this happening in the UK too often). Coming back was a bit crappy because of the 50,000 people at the concert it seemed that 40,000 of them wanted to get on the same train as us. We eventually got home at about 1am

Also, I was interviewed earlier today (Sat 16th December) on a local radio staion in the UK (BBC Radio Suffolk). This was for a segment they do on people who used to live in Suffolk and who have moved away. They asked me questions like why we left the UK (crappy weather, constant stream of immigrants) and what we miss (friends and family, Tesco's - very little else)

I suppose this was my 15 minutes of fame, I thought it may be on Australian Idol next year but I'm afraid not!!

Sam was very happy last week, she caught a big Flathead fish (40CM). So far this is the biggest fish we have caught between us. We brought it home, Sam filleted it and I cooked it on the barbie - bloody lovely it was. Pressures on me now to catch something bigger although I did catch a poisonous fish the other day (Bullrout), nasty little bugger with venonmous spines on it's back (non fishy term, I think it should be Dorsal). Needless to say I cut the line and let it back into the water. Apparently I would have needed hospital treatment if it had got me :-((

Weather has been crappy these past couple of days, bit colder (24 today) and plenty of rain. Good for the garden though and our new Mango and Grape tree (or should that be vine??)

Bye for now and have a great Christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home